Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Weeks Before the Move

EDIT: I'm not sure what's going on with the formatting here. Have fun figuring out which captions go with which pictures.

Anyeong!

Let's talk about the weeks preceding my move to SoCal. As I wished, I was able to spend time with friends and family the weeks before the move:

Winnie and I went to San Francisco. It pretty much turned into a model shoot halfway through because she's the most photogenic friend I have.

































I then moseyed on over to New York to visit my favorite Korean, Heather. That's us at some frozen yogurt place at Bloomingdales. I rate it a 3 out of 10. I rate Heather 9 out of 10.

















I rate her feet 8 out of 13.


I rate her museum gallery perusing skills 3 out of 19.



The gang from the Passion trip (Meredith, Terence, Matty, Matt and Darren) treated me to dinner.

















Freaks.



















My awesome cousin Esther and wonderful friend Alison put together a dinner for me with some AACF friends. The theme was pooping and farting. WTF?

































I'm not sure what's going on here.














Joyce and Randall gathered the Kawayes and Derek for a dinner. For some reason, dinner conversations with them always devolves into scatalogical talk. Gross!
















Dave treated me to lunch after returning from Israel. On second thought, Heather isn't my favorite Korean. Dave is.


















My brother and I visited the grandma that loves Jesus. She pulled out her dentures five seconds after this picture was taken. Y'all should come and visit her with me when I'm back in December. She's a hoot.


















Some of the guys hike up Mission Peak with me. It was pretty much the greatest afternoon of my life.
















Adora, Josh, Rachel and Rita treated me to Thai food in the city.


















That's me touching Fetus Lee.

















I went bowling with some of my cousins. Pictured here: Diona, Alex (who is joining me in SoCal as a grad student at UCLA, Michelle and Tanya).

















My aunt Debbie had a BBQ for Alex and me. With MEAT! GLORIOUS MEAT!

















That's aunt Debbie on the left, my other grandma, Emilyn, Fiona, Aunt Kathy, Aunt Marsha and Mommy.

















I got to hang with Rachel at the zoo. We saw animals!



















I think she's taking pictures of baboon hemorrhoids here.


















I got to spend time with the gang the weeks. I love just hanging around with these guys. You know, sitting around, surfing the internet, watching tv, not talking to each other. These are the things we'll remember for the next 60 years.
















Here are the other Chans.

















This picture was taken at 3am the Saturday before I left and after Paul slaughtered us in Halo 2.












More to come in a day or two.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

im glad we could be part of your blog update! we all miss you here wade!

Heather said...

Thanks for showing your Internet audience my janktastic feet.

Whatever, favorite Korean. My brother cheats on you all the time.

sammy z said...

dude...nice blog. can't wait to see and hear more about your life on it. Thanks for the kind words, great memories.