Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Days Before the Move

I made an initial trip to La Mirada earlier in August to drop off my first batch of clothes and books at my apartment. The Zhengs helped me pack the Saturday before my move. Here's Rachel twirling a sock and Sammy watching the Olympics online.



Later that night, my family had dinner with their family at a buffet, where I ate about 70 crawfish.



The next morning, I spoke at church. That's me wearing a tie and looking like a douchebag. I'll post my notes from the message in a few days.


After service, the folks at church threw a surprise(ish) lunch for me.

People looked in one direction.


My best friends (minus a couple that are in New York and Hong Kong).


Color-coordinated people.


Ice cream cake.


Rachel, one of the driving forces behind everything, made this for me. It's in hanging in my room now. Thanks, Rachel!



My last supper in the Bay Area.


My brother came over with his retarded dog to say goodbye as I was doing final packing late night .


This picture was taken about two minutes before I left home. My mom and the cutest baby in the history of the universe.



Next post: the trip down and pictures from my first days in La Mirada.

No comments: