Sunday, February 8, 2009

Terminator Jesus

Last week I went to the Crystal Cathedral to hear Francis Chan speak in the Sunday service. Despite its pastor's questionable teaching over the past few decades, a friend/classmate who works at the church tells me the church has started to turn toward more biblical teaching. That may explain why Francis was able to quote John Piper from the pulpit.

After the service, I walked around the large campus with my friends and came across some of the weirdest "Christian" stuff I've ever seen - a statue of Moses, a couple smiling Jesuses (Jesi?), motivational sayings on the walls, strange old people, a Christian cemetery, etc.. One of the guys I was with mentioned how the more time he spent at the church, the more creeped out he was. I felt the same way. The main building is amazing, but everything else around it was just plain creepy.

The creepiest thing of all? The statue of befuddled Mary and....Terminator Jesus!





I have nothing else to say.



2 comments:

jermdawg said...

roflcopters.

next time you're there you should put a pair of pilot sunglasses on the statue.

Heather said...

NEW POST PLEASE